Just Another Day in the Life of a (Slightly) Overworked 19-Year-Old
So, here’s the thing. I’ve been working since I was 16-not just one job, but two... or sometimes three. Yeah, I’m that person.
Over the summer of 2025, things got real. I was juggling three jobs: working at Titanic Belfast during the day, helping out at my dad’s restaurant on weekends, and squeezing in shifts at McDonald’s 3-4 times a week.
On some days, I was working close to 14 hours. For example, I’d spend 11 AM to 4 PM at Titanic, rush home to eat (if I was lucky), and then be back out the door for a 6 PM to midnight shift at McDonald’s. Then repeat.
It sounds exhausting (because it was). And honestly? Some days I wasn’t sure how I made it through without collapsing into a pile of nothing.
People often ask why I take on so much.
Honestly? Besides money, I’m not entirely sure. I think part of it is that I’m stubborn and hate feeling like I’m wasting time. And maybe I get a little too comfortable in the chaos-it feels like I’m accomplishing something, even if my brain is screaming otherwise.
But it’s not all glamour. I’ve mixed up shifts, shown up to the wrong place, and once dreamed about work-only to wake up and realize I actually had to go. Spoiler: that’s not restful.
Now that I’m back at uni, I’ve slowed down a bit-mostly. I’m still working at my dad’s on Saturday evenings and at McDonald’s a few nights a week. It’s a different kind of tired now: juggling lectures, assignments, and work.
Some days, it feels like too much. Other days, it just feels normal.
So yeah, that’s me: a workaholic with a soft spot for Sprite at midnight and a questionable amount of resilience.
Maybe one day I’ll figure out the balance thing. Until then, I’ll keep showing up-even if it’s just to say, “How’s everyone else holding up?”
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment